Saturday, April 30, 2011

Progressing

Good Morning All!
I had the in home interview! This part of the process is required by the AFS faction of CBYX. It was on Tuesday for about two hours, all the typical questions. My whole family was requested to be there for the meeting to get a sense of our "family structure". Because I'm going my senior year I won't be back in time to graduate with my class. Most of my teachers and friends were totally enthusiastic for me to take this opportunity, and some suggested I finish my senior year and take as many college credit classes as I can.

So, in the big scheme of things lets take a look.

 I received a full scholarship to study abroad in Germany for ten months, who knows how this will develop my character and my brain! Or take college classes while I'm still in high school to get a head start on the whole college process and graduate with my friends. After a bit of research, it became pretty evident that graduation is an "american" thing. I talked to the assistant principle and she said yes I would graduate and get my diploma, just not get to walk across the stage. For my family (they're SUPER supportive!) and almost everyone else's this process is important because it's a final wrap up for all the things that have happened during the time their son or daughter has been in high school.  For the kids, its a last whoo-rahh before everyone leaves for college as I'm sure you know.

It took me about a millisecond to weigh the options, I was blessed with this opportunity and I have peace about going. The next step is waiting for more information on Germany's behalf, they have yet to accept my application (CBYX already has). I also have to save up some money to get my German residence permit and clothes(?) Is it cheaper to send it over plane before I go or try to bring it all during the initial flight (45 or 55 lbs limit), I don't know. It still amazes me and the reality of this happening is beginning to come into full swing. As for now, its absolutely gorgeous outside and I'm going to enjoy this day!

God Bless,
JG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a Comment here!

We are MOVIN'!

Hello Friends! Thank you for your support over the years, I'm happy to announce that I have a new  space and would be grateful if you ...