Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Water&Fire

I started listening to this song two summers ago...little did I know with every time I listened it softened my iron tight grip on my will, my dreams and my "plan".
I lay down my plans, give up my rights, let you take control of this surrendered life...
Two years later, especially now, I can testify that God's plans are indeed good and better than anything we could conjure up for ourselves. They are good, but not easy. 
In shaking, you remain...




Lyrics..
Lord of the mountains and sea
You are treading a path set for me
God of the seasons and sky
You have always been holding my life
Lord
You are the Shepherd of my soul
I lay down my plans, I give up my rights
You comfort, You sustain
In shaking You remain
Unmoved and unafraid
Through the valleys, lead me in your wisdom

Shepherd of my soul
Forever and always you lead me
By still waters, lead me
And let You take control of this surrendered life
Through valleys of shadow and
death I am not afraid
By my Father’s breath every
star in the sky was made
And who can I fear when you’re
standing right here by my side
Always leading, protecting and
guarding my left and my right
Father You make all things new
Great God of creation And Father 
You will always be my
rock and salvation
Another song as a follow up to the last blog post (which may have sound melancholy to most...but it is a good thing I promise) is Strahan - Daily Bread. This song has always been very moving to me, especially lately, there is a beautiful river running through Freiburg. I always think of this song when I go there.

Here are the lyrics..
I’ll stand by the river bed
And watch the autumn leaves
Theres I wait there I’ll wait for you to speak
This stone walled fortress
of a heart is dry and blue
But I believe and and trust you’l hear when I sing
Take my soul Lord
Take my soul Lord
You are water you are fire
You are jealous you desire
You are everything this world could ever need
You are bread and you are blood
Open hands and open heart
You are everything this world could ever need
I step with a little faith
Like blood out of a stone
Each blind movement is teaching me to see
I know of nothing 
To come just what has been
So I believe everything you have taught me
Take my soul Lord
Take my soul Lord 
You are water you are fire
You are burdened you desire
You are everything this world could ever need
You are jealous you are son
Open hands enduring one
You are everything this world could ever need


Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a Comment here!

We are MOVIN'!

Hello Friends! Thank you for your support over the years, I'm happy to announce that I have a new  space and would be grateful if you ...