Sunday, May 1, 2016

People & Things

     God has shed His abundant mercy on me this year abroad. He has placed a wonderful woman in my life who has lent me many essential things like cooking utensils, storage containers, blankets etc.. I'm very careful with how I treat these things, they're not mine. I'd like to give them back exactly how I received them. I can't escape this borrowing principal because, well, I cook everyday, use the hamper weekly, etc etc.  The concept of borrowing and ownership therefore has been inescapable and I've come to a couple conclusions about the Bigger Picture. 
     1. All things are God's. "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."
     2. I belong to God"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."
So how do these two facts play out in real life? 
     1. Be mindful of the material things He has given me, don't waste food and don't be excessive beyond my need (think of Manna). Also, to view and treat other people with respect simply by the fact that they are a creation of God. How I treat others indicates quite a lot about my relationship with God.
    2. I'm living on borrowed breath! This makes me revere every day. The work He has called me to do is also not mine, but His. This make me approach it diligently and to do it unto Him.  This carbon-based body is not my own. This makes me care about what I eat and that I try to be healthy within my means. I can't make harsh judgments over myself (that I'm incompetent, stupid, ugly) because I am made by the Creator. 
    By God I consist, in Him I have my being. This fact continues to be profound, but David knew this. I think his strength was he know how dependent he was on God for everything. I think God tried making that very clear to the Jews too. Water from a rock, manna from heaven, even the words His disciples were to speak when they were delivered up to councils. 
   And what are some of the Terms of Agreement for all these borrowed things? Simple! "He hath shown thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" Micah 6:8

2 comments:

  1. I am truly impressed with you're love of Jesus and it warms me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ski D, it is something close to all of us! Thank you for reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Make a Comment here!

We are MOVIN'!

Hello Friends! Thank you for your support over the years, I'm happy to announce that I have a new  space and would be grateful if you ...