Monday, February 27, 2012

Reflecting Reality

Good day Readers!
Two minute walk from my house 

I've been five months in Germany. Tomorrow journey will I to my half year stay camp. (That’s me writing without triple checking my grammar – I call it Germish. Writing English but with German grammar.) Tomorrow I’m traveling to Köln (Cologne) for my midyear stay camp with twenty five other CBYX’ers. Here is the website for the youth hotel we’re going to stay at if you're curious.
It’s in German but you can see pictures or click around to get an idea of the place. Only by the grace of God did I get my camera back in time before I leave. My mom sent it out on Thursday, and I got it on Saturday. Sunday was glorious weather, it was fifty degrees and the birds came out of their trees to sing the whole morning. As much as I want to write a well thought out blog post to mark my five month journey in Germany, I won’t be able to in the amount of time that I have. People say that a picture can speak a thousand words, because I’m short on time I hope that the pictures I included can be a reflection of the last week.

Garage door handle, that's a story for another time.

One minute walk from my house
Did I fail to mention that we have a four foot cactus in our kitchen? During the school week I'm pretty groggy when I wake up, that means four out of five times when I go into the kitchen I think someone's standing there, but its just the four foot cactus. Some things you can never get used to. 

Until next week, Genevieve 


4 comments:

  1. I agree, four foot cactuses are hard to get used too…Ur Uncle has quite a few looking for new homes…haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Genevieve. I really enjoy reading about your experiences. It sounds wonderful. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd like to hear the story of the garage door handle, Love Mom

    ReplyDelete

Make a Comment here!

We are MOVIN'!

Hello Friends! Thank you for your support over the years, I'm happy to announce that I have a new  space and would be grateful if you ...