Thursday, October 27, 2016

Good to Me!

Happy Thursday! Well I couldn't help myself.
 
There is a gorgeous white powdery snow starting to fall here in CT which is most definitely the highlight of my rough week. Something I've been thinking about this entire week is how my peace shouldn't be impacted by everything changing around me. My peace shouldn't be there only if I'm having a good day. Faith, peace and love should be totally independent from fluctuating feelings.
 
It can seem at times that many things are against us such as current situations or trials. But I've learned as I work through them, to walk by faith that it will be okay. That the trial is there to develop something in me! If you ever feel the same way, remember Romans 8:28, " And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
 
In my walk with God so far He has never sat down and gave me the whole picture. He gives me pieces. He tells me one step then the next then the next. If he gave me the whole picture, I wouldn't need faith, right? But faith in God is what He loves, it's exactly what He is hoping to find when He returns! (Luke 18:8)
 
Here is a song from Audrey Assad, Good to Me. I hope as you reconsider the situations that are giving you a difficult time in your life, that God is good, all of his ways are mercy and truth! (Pslam 25:10)
 
Enjoy!
 
Feel free to leave  a comment about your experience, too!
 
 
 
Good to Me - Audrey Assad
 
I put all my hope in the truth of Your promise
And I steady my heart on the ground of Your goodness
When I'm bowed down with sorrow I will lift up Your name
And the foxes in the vineyard will not steal my joy

Because You are good to me, good to me

I lift up my eyes to the hills where my help is found
Your voice fills the night - raise my head up to hear the sound
Though fires burn all around me I will praise You, my God
And the foxes in the vineyard will not steal my joy

Because You are good to me, good to me

Your goodness and mercy shall follow me
All my life
I will trust in Your promise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a Comment here!

We are MOVIN'!

Hello Friends! Thank you for your support over the years, I'm happy to announce that I have a new  space and would be grateful if you ...